Anti-discrimination policy in recruitment and selection
General starting point
The operations of Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. is aimed at giving job seekers a fair chance at work regardless of their age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, race, ethnic origin or nationality.
When recruiting and selecting, job seekers are treated equally because they are only assessed on criteria that are functionrelated.
The purpose of this policy is to be clear and transparent towards employees and third parties about:
What the Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. management understands as discrimination / discriminatory requests;
What is the position of the Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. management regarding discrimination / discriminatory requests;
Acting by employees:
a. What is expected of employees how they act during their work, in particular in the work (in support of business activities) surrounding recruitment and selection;
b. Where the employee can go for consultation and/or a report;
Responsibilities of the employer.
1. Definition of discrimination
Discrimination means: making a direct and indirect distinction between persons on the basis of age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, religious or political beliefs, race, ethnic origin or nationality.
Discrimination is explicitly understood to be a response to requests from clients to make a distinction between persons on recruitment and selection on the basis of criteria that are not necessary or relevant for a proper performance of the position.
2. Position of the Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. management
a. The management of Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. rejects all forms of discrimination.
b. Requests from clients to take certain criteria into account in the recruitment and selection process will only be honored if there is objective justification.
There is objective justification if selecting based on the requested criteria:
- Serves a legitimate purpose. This means that there is a good function related reason to select on the relevant criteria when recruiting and selecting (an example of a legitimate goal is safety);
- Results in achieving the legitimate goal, the means is suitable to reach the goal;
- Is in reasonable proportion to the goal, there is proportionality to the goal;
- It is necessary because there is no other less distinctive way of achieving the goal, the necessity criterion is met.
c. The management of the Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. does not tolerate employees being discriminated against by third parties. Employees are also understood to mean employees who perform work under the direction and supervision of a hirer.
3. Acting by the employees
a. Employees have their own responsibility to be alert to requests from clients with a discriminatory nature, to recognize such requests and to ensure that they do not cooperate.
b. If the employee has doubts about the presence or absence of objective justification for a request from a client to take into account certain criteria when recruiting and selecting, or has questions about how to handle a request, the employee can consult an MT member.
If the employee identifies discrimination and wants to raise it, report abuses or misconduct and/or has a matter of trust going on, the employee can go to an MT member. If this does not lead to a satisfactory result for the employee, the employee can go to the Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. management.
4. Responsibilities of the employer
The management of Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. is responsible for:
a. Creating a safe working environment where people treat each other with respect, there is room for constructive consultation and undesirable behavior in whatever form is prevented and dealt with;
b. The recognizability and implementation of this anti-discrimination policy. This includes, among other things, ensuring that employees:
- be informed about and familiar with the policy. This is achieved in the following way; have the policy for notification signed upon commencement of employment and by kick off meeting about discrimination.
- have received proper instructions on how to recognize discrimination and discriminatory requests by discussing this as a topic at every work meeting and by means of this. of discussing practical cases.
- be prepared for the situation in which they are confronted with a discriminatory request and know how they can conduct and reverse the conversation with clients. This is achieved by providing periodic training.
c. The evaluation and adjustment of this policy.
COMPLAINTS PROCEDURE ANTI-DISCRIMINATION POLICY IN RECRUITMENT AND SELECTION
Since Pollux Personeelsdiensten B.V. considers herself responsible for the social policy in our organization, she wishes to create an environment in which employees and jobseekers respect each other’s integrity.
On the basis of this responsibility, it has established a complaint handling scheme for discrimination in recruitment and selection.
If you have a complaint about discrimination, you can file it and the complaint will be handled correctly. For our complaints procedure, please refer to our Complaints procedure anti-discrimination policy in recruitment and selection.